MH-E is the Emacs interface to the MH mail system. It offers all the functionality of MH, the visual orientation and simplicity of use of a GUI, and full integration with Emacs and XEmacs, including thorough configuration and online help.
MH-E allows one to read and process mail very quickly: many commands are single characters; completion and smart defaults are used for folder names and aliases. With MH-E you compose outgoing messages in Emacs. This is a big plus for Emacs users, but even non-Emacs users have been known to use MH-E after only learning the most basic cursor motion commands.
Additional features include:
- attractive text rendering with font lock
- composition and display of (MIME) attachments such as photos
- display of images and HTML within the Emacs frame
- folder browsing with speedbar
- ticking messages
- lightning-fast full-text indexed searches of all of your email
- virtual folders to view ticked and unseen messages, search results
- multiple personalities
- signing and encrypting
- spam filter interaction
- XFace, Face, X-Image-URL header field support with picons